Thursday, November 7, 2024

Her Favorite Color is Chrome

This week I worked on polishing the chrome on my car. One thing I've realized about newer model cars is that most of the chrome has been replaced with plastic so I had to search for some chrome. The only place I found it was the rims of my tires. 

 I used Mother's California Gold All Chrome Polish and some shop towels. We all know the drill now, spray and polish. I had a helper this week that made my car detailing a co-occupation. 

Before

After
The rims turned out great! As with most of the projects I've done, the rims weren't terribly dirty so it was an easy job that will stay a small time investment if I'm consistent with completing this project on occasion. 

I'm happy with the fact that I found some new projects to work on for my car the last two weeks as I was running out of ideas and getting bored with the list I had made at the outset of this assignment. I have one more idea for the last blog that I'm excited to do. I've definitely noticed ebbs and flows with my motivation to spend extra time on taking care of the cleanliness of my vehicle based on my kid's responsibility in helping to keep it clean, the weeks I've had especially intense work loads for school, or a lack of energy due to the flu hitting our house. I can tell that I've established great habits for keeping my car cleaned out and have appreciated comments made about how clean it is over the last few months. I know I won't repeat every task I have tried on the blog but have found many that are worth the time investment for the result, that I will continue to do. Overall I'm content with the new occupation I chose and feel like it has been a good fit for the amount of time I had hoped to spend and I've derived a lot of satisfaction from my participation. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alissa! I love how your kiddos are helping out with this project. I have never thought to polish my rims before but I also don't know anything about cars so this is something I will now think of! Do you have a list of thinks you will continue to do on your car? Like a top 5 most important things to keep on top of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma! It's been fun having my son help with some of the projects. I'm sure he'll be very particular about the cleanliness of his car in the future. As far as jobs I will continue to do on my vehicle, I've definitely found a few that weren't noticeable enough to spend time on. Some that I will continue to do will be the basic wash/vacuum of course, tires, reconditioning the black plastic on the exterior, and conditioning the seats. None of these tasks take very long and I love how long they last (besides the wash and vacuum).

      Delete
  2. Hello Alissa! I love that your new occupation is detailing your car! It actually reminds me of my husband because he loves taking care of our cars every so often. He keeps it spotless when he can! I noticed you mentioned that you clean your car almost on a "routine" now to keep up with the cleaning maintenance. Do you think your new occupation has turned into more of a habit now and something you do without thinking about it? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mataya! That's awesome that your husband takes good care of your cars. It's the best feeling hoping into a clean car. Parts of this occupation have definitely turned into a habit but its more the basics of cleaning out the inside and vacuuming. I know it will always take extra effort and planning for me to do the more in depth projects.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Alissa! Your shined up rims look great. I'm sure that this will be a good habit to keep over the winter. You gotta love the salt on the roads! I love that you had a helper with you on this one. Co-occupation can be fun sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly! Thank you! I hadn't thought about how much more detailing the car will need in the winter when I'm driving in the salt and snow. I agree it's been fun to have a little helper with me for some of the projects I've done on the car it's made the jobs go faster and I love that my son is learning how to take care of his future car.

    ReplyDelete

Her Favorite Color is Chrome

This week I worked on polishing the chrome on my car. One thing I've realized about newer model cars is that most of the chrome has been...