The title of my blog post is the latest middle school slang. Apparently if someone "leaves no crumbs" they did something really well. I wish my passengers would do more of that. They're making sure I always have a project to work on for my blog. I'm beginning to run out of new options for tasks I can do to detail my car. My goal is to get creative and find an exciting job to do next week.
This week I cleaned my dash and steering wheel and dusted the infotainment system (I had no idea it was called that). An infotainment system is the digital system that allows entertainment, information, and controls various vehicle functions. Anyway it's clean now. I also used toothpicks, cleaning spray, and a microfiber cloth to clean the cupholders and gear shifter.
My occupation is falling under letter H in the Depiction of The Meaning and Attentional Components model which is Attentional Boredom. When an occupation causes Attentional boredom there is more demand than available resources and overstimulation occurs. (Westgate EC & Steidle B, 2020) To be fair this is happening in most areas of my life simply because there are more tasks to be completed each day than time available to do them. In this case the demand is cleaning my care and the resource is available time.
It's interesting to me that boredom can come from overstimulation but I can see how my desire to spend time car detailing almost becomes something I avoid and feel resentful about because I know I need to do it and there is a time constraint attached. Now that I have done most of the projects I was looking forward to doing, some of the novelty of detailing has worn off. I have never been particularly excited about cleaning my car but I wouldn't say it's a job that bores me. I will continue to put extra effort into making my car look its best now that I have practiced this occupation and found jobs that are easy to do that make my car look nice.
Westgate EC, Steidle B. Lost by definition: Why boredom matters for psychology and society. Soc Personal Psychol Compass. 2020;14:e12562. https://doi.org/10.1111/spc3.12562
"Leave no crumbs" hahaha! This should probably be my next occupation! Side note, my girls liked your post, too...
ReplyDeleteWhat have been your favorite cleaning products for cleaning your infotainment system and how did you get it clean without leaving streaks? Inquiring minds want to know...
Hey Rachel! I'm glad your girls appreciated my efforts to understand their language. My girls hate when I try. haha! I like to use microfiber cloths and I make a cleaner with water, Dr. Bronners peppermint soap, and essential oils. It's my favorite to clean the kitchen counters with too. I just dry really well with a clean microfiber cloth to prevent streaks.
ReplyDelete