This week for my new occupation I worked on my tires. I actually anticipated that this project was going to be a waste of time and that I wouldn't be interested in ever doing it again but I really liked the result. I used a rag and Meguiars's Hot Shine tire spray. We've got the drill down at this point, like with most Meguiar's products it's an apply and buff off situation.
Before
As I thought about my occupation I realized there could be some environmental barriers such as bad weather or individuals who had access to a persons vehicle who didn't respect the work that had been done. I know these would affect my success in this occupation. While I would have satisfaction in doing projects I would get very discouraged if I didn't get to enjoy the results of my hard work.
There could also be personal barriers such as not seeing the need to keep a car clean because a person grew up riding in a car that wasn't maintained or having severe mental illness and finding it difficult to maintain a project that needs steady upkeep. At this time in my life my biggest personal barrier is time restraints and choosing which areas of my life need my time the most. I like that there are tasks that I can carry out that have an impressive result for minimal time and work.
American Occupational Therapy Association. (2020). Occupational therapy practice framework: Domain and process (4th ed.). American Journal of Occupational Therapy. 74(Suppl. 2), 7412410010. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2020.74S2001
Hi Alissa, this is such a smart project to start as your new occupation. I am horrible at keeping my car clean, and wish I could form a better habit! The tires look great, and I look forward to seeing your blog next week :)
ReplyDeleteHey Sadie! I totally get struggling to keep a car clean. I picked this occupation so I would have enough pressure to work on it and hopefully have habits stick after this semester! I've found it really helpful to take everything I can carry when I leave my car. I encourage my kids to do the same and most of the time it keeps the car cleaned out. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!
DeleteI can't believe the difference between the before and after pictures on your tires! You have almost convinced me to do my own vehicle. Maybe you've convinced me to have my son do the tires. He's been wanting to buy a new Webkinz. I doubt he can do as well as you though. I love your clever titles also.
ReplyDeleteHey Lexie! Thank you! You should definitely try out this project. I was surprised at how fast it went. I noticed my tires yesterday and they still looked like they did when I first finished this job. This one would be a great fit for your son! I had to look up what a Webkinz is, that looks so fun! Thanks for your comment!
Delete